We're BACK AT IT!!! Our choral rehearsals have happened regularly in a distanced, masked manner, and we are making great strides. Check out some of our efforts at www.uwfsingers.com/videos. Our next appearance will be:
- Friday, November 19 & Saturday, November 20, 7:30pm - CONSIDERING MATTHEW SHEPARD: The UWF Singers present the Florida premiere of this impactful work by Craig Hella Johnson. Considering Matthew Shepard is a 90-min. concert work that explores the Matt Shepard story and its effects. The work is often called a "fusion oratorio" because it blends so many different genres and styles -- from gospel to gregorian chant, from baroque to country, there is something for every palate. Content Awareness: Some of the material explores the attack, murder, and death of Matt Shepard. Other moments illustrate the hateful protests that happened in the media around the time of the funeral. But, other elements are full of joy and light. Reserve your seats NOW: uwf.edu/cfpa 850-857-6285
2019-2020 Concert Season:
- Tuesday, November 5, 7:30pm - ALL OF US: The UWF Singers & Concert Choir present a diverse repertoire of music including Nathaniel Dett, Chen Yi, Craig Hella Johnson, Andrea Ramsey, Alberto Ginastera, and Rosephanye Powell - UWF Music Hall, free admission
- Tuesday, March 3, 7:30pm - BRAHMS REQUIEM: The UWF Singers & Concert Choir present the German Requiem by Johannes Brahms with 4-hand piano and other complimentary works. Soloists TBA - UWF Music Hall, free admission
- Thursday, March 12, 7:30pm - BRAHMS REQUIEM: The UWF Singers join forces with the University of Georgia, the University of Memphis, the University of South Alabama, and the Montgomery Chorale to present the German Requiem by Brahms with the Mobile Symphony Orchestra and Craig Hella Johnson conducting as part of the ACDA Southern Division Conference - Saenger Theatre, Mobile, AL, *conference registration required for entry
- Tuesday, April 21, 7:30pm - SPRING JAZZ: UWF Singers & Concert Choir combine forces with the UWF Big Band and Jazz Combo to present a spring evening of jazz and light music - UWF Mainstage Theatre, free admission. THIS CONCERT HAS BEEN CANCELED, DUE TO PUBLIC HEALTH CONCERNS
Additional 2019-2020 Appearances:
- Friday, September 27 - Featured performance for the UWF President's State of the University Address
- Saturday, October 5 - National Anthem performance for UWF Homecoming Football Game www.goargos.com
- Tuesday, December 3 - Blessed Christmas at Christ Episcopal Church
- Saturday, December 14 - UWF Commencement
- Thursday, February 6 & Monday, February 10 - UWF High School Choral Invitationals
- Saturday, May 9 - UWF Commencement
2018-2019 Concert Season:
- Tuesday, October 9, 7:30pm - LET ALL THE WORLD SING: The UWF Singers, Concert Choir, & Chamber Choir perform music of Vaughan Williams, Brahms, Duruflé, and Bach - UWF Music Hall, free admission
- Tuesday, November 20, 7:30pm - ROBERT SHAW TRIBUTE CONCERT: Honoring America's greatest choral conductor, the UWF Singers, Chamber Choir, & Concert Choir perform works by Shaw and the composers he championed - UWF Music Hall, free admission
- Thursday, February 14, 7:30pm - SOME ENCHANTED VALENTINE: An evening of Rodgers & Hammerstein favorites with the Pensacola Symphony Orchestra & Pensacola Opera - Saenger Theatre
- Monday, February 25, 7:30pm - COLLABORATIONS: UWF Singers, Concert Choir, Chamber Choir, & Coastal Alabama Community College Choir - UWF Music Hall, free admission
- Tuesday, April 23, 7:30pm - DURUFLÉ REQUIEM: The UWF Singers, Concert Choir, Chamber Choir, & Woodlawn Beach Middle School Choir present the masterful Requiem by French composer, Maurice Duruflé, and other complimentary works - First United Methodist Church of Pensacola, free admission
- Tuesday, October 10, 7:30pm - INTRODUCTIONS: Come hear the new UWF Concert Choir alongside the established UWF Singers & UWF Chamber Choir - UWF Music Hall, free admission
- Monday, November 20, 7:30pm - TRADITIONS OF SONG: The UWF Singers, Chamber Choir, & Concert Choir perform works from various traditions, including the Caribbean, Venezuela, Sacred Harp Singing, Italian Renaissance, Sephardic & Ashkenazic Jews, German Romanticism, and others...
- Monday, February 26, 7:30pm - COLLABORATIONS: UWF Singers, Concert Choir, Chamber Choir, & NWFSC Madrigals - UWF Music Hall, free admission
- Saturday, March 3, 7:30pm - Haydn Te Deum with the Pensacola Symphony Orchestra & Pensacola Christian College Choir - Saenger Theatre
- Tuesday, April 17, 7:30pm - ARISE! The UWF Singers and Pensacola West Percussion Ensemble present TRIPTYCH, a multi-movement work by Tarik O'Regan - Cathedral of the Sacred Heart in Pensacola, free admission
- Wednesday, April 18, 7:30pm - encore performance of TRIPTYCH with the Pensacola West Percussion Ensemble - Ashmore Auditorium at PSC, free admission
Join the UWF Singers and Chamber Choir in the UWF Music Hall Monday, October 12 @ 7:30pm as we present "Lullabies, Love Songs, and Requiems: A Poetic Journey," featuring poetic works by Robert Frost, Emily Dickinson, Lewis Carroll, Ogden Nash, G. F. Daumer, Thomas Hood, and Walt Whitman. Bolton Ellenberg and Darlene Reed, Collaborative Pianists. Dr. Peter Steenblik, Director.
Join the UWF Singers and Chamber Choir at Old Christ Church in Historic Pensacola Monday, November 16 @ 7:30pm as we present "Lullabies, Love Songs, and Requiems: A Poetic Journey." This concert features poetic works by Robert Frost, Emily Dickinson, Lewis Carroll, Ogden Nash, G. F. Daumer, Thomas Hood, and Walt Whitman. Bolton Ellenberg and Darlene Reed, Collaborative Pianists. Dr. Peter Steenblik, Director.
April 18, 2016, 7:30pm, First Baptist Church of Pensacola - The UWF Singers and Chamber Choir join with the Pensacola Children's Chorus and a large group of talented musicians in presenting Leonard Bernstein's CHICHESTER PSALMS at First Baptist Church of Pensacola. The evening will also include other pieces of hope and serenity.